Code of Conduct
I. PurposeThe purpose of this Code of Conduct is to create a foundation upon which the community - online and IRL - can flourish. As a global project reimagining entertainment and media for the modern world, we can’t provide an exhaustive list of “do’s and don'ts,” but we can identify the behaviors that we value and that we know will positively contribute to the future of Mad Realities.
This document will serve as the baseline conduct covenant for all Mad Realities participants, events, and subsidiaries. We welcome conversation and input from our participants as we evolve.
II. CommitmentThe Mad Realities universe is created, cast, and decided by you. We are committed to ensuring that leaning into the bit is a safe, fun, friendly and positive experience for all participants.
This means Mad Realities is dedicated to being fun for everyone - regardless of sex, race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodivergence, appearance, or any other factor that makes our community members unique.
- Demonstrate empathy and kindness towards other people
- Be respectful of different opinions, viewpoints, experiences, and abilities
- Use welcoming and inclusive language
- Collaborate with community members and be open to constructive criticism
- Make decisions that create the best content and interaction for the community, not just decisions that benefit your clout
- Understand that reality TV comes with a level of unpredictability and a need to be open to new or challenging experiences, but have the confidence that our community will always protect your safety and well being
- Offensive comments or take offensive actions related to any part of a person’s identity or ability
- Unwelcome sexualized comments, use of sexual imagery, gratutious or off-topic sexual messages, or sexual advances will not be tolerated (Understand the appropriate line for sexual comments on a reality TV show - middle school sex jokes and harassment are not the same).
- Threats or incitement of violence of any kind, including encouraging self harm
- Deliberate sabotage of the integrity of our programs, the airing of our programs, or the taping of our programs, including our ability to run them while maintaining respect and safety for all participants
- Harassment, including persistent attempts to communicate with someone (publicly or privately) after requests are ignored
- Trolling, insulting or derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Unwanted physical contact whether simulated in chat rooms or taking place in physical spaces
IV. EventsAs a community that encourages fun and unpredictable in person events, we must maintain a high standard of safety for our physical activations. All community values apply to any event produced or sponsored by Mad Realities.
While at Mad Realities events, attendees are subject to the rules of the venue and entry or denial of entry will be subject to the discretion of bartenders, bouncers, or security.
The following actions will result in immediate removal from events and a permanent ban from Mad Realities participation:
- Sexual harassment or assault: touching, groping, assaulting or harassing any participants
- Violent actions or assault: punching, hitting, threatening or verbally assaulting any participants
Ban from participation is effective immediately, regardless of NFT holding status.
V. Reporting an IssueCommunity members wishing to report an issue can use this submission form. The form will be reviewed by our moderation team, who will quickly address the issue to the best of their abilities. The moderation team is obligated to respect the privacy and security of the reporter in any incident.
You will be contacted to review the action taken once a decision is reached.
VI. ModerationAny conduct issues raised privately will be handled by the Mad Realities Moderation Board. This team is made up of an executive member of Mad Realities, one Rose Holder, and one participant in the current season (if in season). Rose Holders will be invited to reply for the Moderation Board and chosen at random.
Moderation Board decision making guidelines:
Correction will be offered to community members who use inappropriate or unkind language in Mad Realities space in the form of a written warning from our community leaders.
Warnings will be provided to members who violate in a single incident that is not deemed an immediate threat to the safety of the community, with an immediate expulsion as consequence for continued behavior.
Permanent Bans will be enacted in response to a serious violation of community standards, including sustained inappropriate behavior or multiple separate reports.
For conduct issues related to the public sphere, the community will be consulted in the moderation process. This includes incidents including, but not limited to: publicly made statements about mad realities or it’s participants (including Tweets, Discord messages, etc), incidents that occur in front of the audience during live events, or anything other offense deemed “public.”
All community members will be able to read a public briefing on the incident, and rose holders will have the opportunity to vote on proper steps to take via a Snapshot vote.